Robotics integrate all STEM fields and make each kid crazy. It can help kids get hands-on experience on mechanics, electronics, control system and computer science. However, all robots on the market seem to be expensive, hard to assemble, trouble to wire and complex to program. Our goal is to create an affordable, easy-to-use and open source robot for per kid: ONE ROBOT PER KID. This is Bluetooth version, which can be controlled by mBot Mobile App (iOS, Android) and programmed by mBlockon PC.
- mBot is a low cost, easy-to-run robot kit for kids to get hands-on experience about graphical programming, electronics, robotics. It is an all-in-one solution for robotics learning and designed for STEM education.
- Cute shape with easy assembly is our goal. mBot contains only about 45 pieces in total, so it is easy to have a sense of achievement for kids to assemble in 10 mins quickly.
Graphical programming inspired by Scratch 2.0
- Since Scratch2.0 is very popular in teachers and students as a graphical programming software, it has almost been proved to be the most easy-to-use graphical programming tool. So based on Scratch 2.0, we develop a new software mBlock to use Scratch-style coding to program and robots. You are free to download from here.
New features in mBlock:
- Based on scratch 2.0 developed by MIT Media Lab, nice interface and easy for everyone.
- Free & source code: the software is free and support Window & systems. We will also open the source code later.
- Supports wireless communication: you can use Bluetooth to communicate with mBot. And download the program wirelessly is supported.
- Supports standard boards, like Uno, Lenardo boards, Makeblock mCore(Based on Uno) and etc. With open communication protocols and source code, it is easy to add new support for new hardware.
- Easy to use: No additional helper app. The easiest way to program your and robots.
- mode: perfect for every beginner to switch from graphical programming to text-based programming. See more improvements we made for easy teaching and learning from BELOW.
Open source platform,
- Continuous learning is an open-source electronic prototyping platform used by people in the global world to start a project quickly. It has been proved to be very expandable and suitable for beginners. So we designed mBot's electronics based on platform , which is easy for kids to use and extend , and bring their every idea to life.
- With intuitional color labels and easy-to-use RJ25 connectors, the board could get wired within a few seconds, so students could get more time to focus on creating all kinds of interactive stories and projects.
- See more improvements about electronics we made for easy teaching and learning from BELOW.
What can you do with mBot...
- Build a wall avoidance robot
- Build a line follower robot
- Play some musical tones.
- Control the robot by remote control provided or standard TV remote
- IR communication with other mBots for robotic cooperation like dancing.
- Interact with Scratch, using sensors to play games and stories in Scratch 2.0.
- Controlled by App to play football or fight!
- Programming: mBlock
- Microprocessor: Base on Arduion IDE
- Power: 3.7V Lithium battery or 4 x 1.5V AA battery
- Finishe Size: 17 x 13 x 9cm
- Weight: 340g